News & Announcements
ASCQR Reporting Deadline Approaching
posted: April 30, 2018
On October 1, 2012, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) implemented the Ambulatory Surgical Center Quality Reporting (ASCQR) Program. The program is a quality measure data pay-for-reporting program, and ASCs must report quality of care data for standardized measures in order to receive the full annual update to their ASC annual payment rate. ASCs that do not participate or fail to meet program requirements may receive a two percent reduction of their payment update.
Measures for CY 2019 Payment Determination
- ASC-1 Patient Burn
- ASC-2 Patient Fall
- ASC-3 Wrong Site, Wrong Side, Wrong Patient, Wrong Procedure, Wrong Implant
- ASC-4 All-Cause Hospital Transfer/Admission
- ASC-8 Influenza Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel
- ASC-9 Endoscopy/Polyp Surveillance: Appropriate Follow-Up Interval for Normal Colonoscopy in Average Risk Patients
- ASC-10 Endoscopy/Polyp Surveillance: Colonoscopy Interval for Patients with a History of Adenomatous Polyps – Avoidance of Inappropriate Use
- *ASC-11 Cataracts: Improvement in Patient’s Visual Function within 90 Days Following Cataract Surgery (Reporting this measure is voluntary)
- ASC-12 Facility 7-Day Risk-Standardized Hospital Visit Rate after Outpatient Colonoscopy
You do not need to report data for ASC-5, ASC-6, and ASC-7. These were removed from the ASC Quality Reporting Program effective January 1, 2018. The reporting deadline for ASC-8, ASC-9, ASC-10, and ASC-11 is May 15, 2018.
If you have any questions about the ASCQR Program, you may contact the Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC) Quality Reporting (QR) Program Support Contractor by calling toll-free at ( 866) 800-8756. You can also submit questions online.